Types of Information Collected and How it is Used
Aggregate Information: OIA collects non-personal information about Users in order to measure traffic on the Site. This non-personal information is collected automatically on an aggregate basis (“Aggregate Information”) through the use of a cookie placed on the User’s hard drive by their Internet browser. The cookie allows OIA to track the number of visits to pages on the Site, and will not track your activity after leaving the Site. The information is not saved or distributed to others by OIA except as provided for below.
Registration Information: The information obtained from Site Users may be used to facilitate: course registrations, participation in legislative activities, and any other fee based service. This information may be provided to sponsors, attendees, electronic or print media, and to others as provided for below.
Products, Services, and Survey Information: Information may be obtained in order to process orders for services and products that OIA offers. Information may also be obtained from Surveys conducted by OIA. This information may be provided to others as provided for below.
Grassroots/Legislative Activities Information: Personal information may be collected for OIA’s legislative activities. This information may be provided to others as provided for below.
E-mail: Information received from email correspondence may be used by OIA and may be provided to others as provided for below
Information Provided to Third Parties: As mentioned above, information on this site may be provided to others. This information will only be provided to third parties in the manner specified in this Policy. Those who do not want their information to be shared, should withhold this information. Information obtained by OIA may be used to OIA and may also be provided to third parties such as OIA service providers and vendors in order to conduct business. OIA may also disclose this information in order to comply with the law or to enforce it’s policies or protect it’s rights.
Links to Other Sites: Although this site may contain links to other Internet sites, each Internet may have its own privacy and data collection policies. Users who may be interested in these polices should review them on each respective site. OIA does not make any representations or warranties about the content of Internet sites of its members. These links do not constitute an endorsement or approval by OIA and OIA is not responsible for the accuracy of information featured on these sites. These links are provided as a convenience to the Users of OIA’s Site
Your Rights to Your Personal Information: You may request access to your personal information on this site to ensure accuracy. Additionally, you may request amendments or deletions of your personal information. To request access to provide an amendment please submit a request in writing to:
Ohio Insurance Agents Association, Inc.
Attn: Marketing & Communications
600 Cross Pointe Road
Gahanna, Ohio 43230
This request should include: your name, address, telephone number, agency information, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of the document that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of this request, we will contact you that we have made the appropriate actions, or that we will not do so and the reasons for such.
Change to Policy: OIA may change this Policy at any time and it will become effective upon posting to this Site. You are encouraged to periodically review this Policy for any updates or changes.
When using this Site you agree:
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, antitrust laws.
- Not to publish, upload, make available, or otherwise distribute any information, messages, or content that: violates or infringes on any rights of others (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights); might interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment; is obscene, offensive, vulgar, defamatory, threatening, hateful or includes offensive language; attacks or invades personally or professionally, the privacy of others; involves or assists the use of fake names or impersonation of others by you or someone else; harasses, threatens, or embarrasses others; is or promotes illegal activity; knowingly is inaccurate or false; is misleading or fraudulent; includes material that you do not legally have a contractual right to make available or that you are prohibited from making available because of a fiduciary relationship; contains the name, image, or likeness of an individual over the age of 18 unless you have their permission, or if they are under 18, their parent’s consent; solicits or offers goods, services, or money for private or personal gain; contains advertisements or promotions; harvests user’s screen names; or sends spam or unsolicited messages. You also agree not to attempt to gain access, in an unauthorized manner, to this Site or any other OIA server, through hacking, password mining, or other means. OIA is under no obligation to monitor user’s communications with others through this Site, but reserves the right to screen and remove, if necessary, materials posted by you, in OIA’s sole discretion and without notice to you. OIA also reserves the right to terminate your access to the Site at any time, for any reason, and without notice.
- To abide by and respect the copyright ownership of materials featured on this Site, in accordance with the following:
- The works of authorship on this Site that have been created, produced, uploaded and/or otherwise contributed by OIA including but not limited to, all design, text, images, and sounds (individually and collectively “Publications”), contained in this site are owned or approved for use by OIA, except as otherwise expressly stated. The Publications may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part (individually and collectively “Reproduced”) in any manner without OIA’s prior written consent, except as expressly permitted by a notice on the Publication, or except to the extent permitted by law. If Reproduced, the Publications must be Reproduced with the copyright notice on all copies, be Reproduced without changes, and be used for informational/non-commercial purposes. Since some of the Publications on the Site were provided under licenses from other entities with all rights reserved, if you are interested in obtaining a license so that one or more of those materials may be Reproduced, please contact the Marketing and Communications Department of the Ohio Insurance Agents Association, Inc. at (614) 552-8000 or via e-mail at: OIA@ohioinsuranceagents.com
- OIA will respond to allegations of violations of copyrights of others in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). OIA will process notices it receives of alleged copyright infringement and take appropriate action as required by the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. If you believe any material contained in this Site infringes your copyright, you should notify OIA of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedures:
Notice of the alleged copyright infringement must be sent to this Site’s designated agent (“DMCA Agent”), who is:
Jeff Smith, JD, CAE
Ohio Insurance Agents Association
600 Cross Pointe Road
Gahanna, Ohio 43230
In order for the notice to be effective, it must be in writing and contain:
i. The signature (either electronic or physical) of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner whose right has allegedly been infringed
ii. The copyrighted work that is claimed to have been infringed
iii. The material that is claimed to be infringing in a manner that would be reasonably sufficient for OIA to locate the material
iv. Contact information of the complaining party
v. A good faith belief statement by the complaining party that use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner
vi. A statement that the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner whose right has been allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of notice of the alleged infringement, OIA will remove the content, forward the notice of infringement onto the alleged infringer, who may send a counter notification if they believe the allegation is unfounded.
For the counter notification to be effective, it must be sent to ‘Jeff Smith,’ OIA’s designated DMCA Agent at the aforementioned address and must contain:
i. The signature (either electronic or physical) of the alleged infringer
ii. The copyrighted work that is claimed to have been infringed
iii. Under penalty of perjury, a statement that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material which was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification
iv. The alleged infringer’s contact information, along with a consent to the Federal District Court jurisdiction in which the address is located. The alleged infringer also accepts service of process from the person who provided the notice of the alleged infringement to OIA or their agent.
Upon receipt of this counter notification, OIA will forward a copy to the sender of the original complaint, OIA will also inform that party that OIA will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in no fewer than 10 and no more than 14 business days following receipt of the counter notification, unless OIA’s DMCA Agent has received notice that the original complaining party is seeking a court order to restrain from engaging in the infringing activity.
- To abide by the trademark ownership of OIA, including names, slogans, and logos (“Trademarks”) and to receive prior written permission before reproducing or republishing these Trademarks.
- To abide by OIA’s policy with respect to internet links on its site as follows: the internet links that this site contains may have their own privacy policies. OIA does not claim responsibility for any of the privacy policies these links contain. Users who are interested in these policies should review each one respectively.
OIA makes no representations or warranties about the internet sites of its members or other businesses and resources, nor does it make any representations or warranties about the content, privacy, and data collection policies of these entities. Links to these sites does not constitute an endorsement by OIA or an approval about the information contained within. The links on this Site which connect to other Internet sites are provided for the convenience of the users of this Site.
- To indemnify and hold harmless OIA and its past, present and future officers, directors, agents, executive committee members, and employees (“OIA Indemnitees”) from any and all demands, claims, loss, damage, liability, judgment, costs, and expense (which may include reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) that the OIA Indemnitees may sustain or incur, due either in whole or in part, to your violation or failure to comply with these Terms of Us. OIA reserves the right to defend any such claim, and you agree to provide reasonable cooperation and information to OIA as they request.
- To abide by OIA’s position with respect to content and information on this site as follows: OIA does not make any representations or warranties of any kind with respect to information on this Site. OIA shall have no tort, contract, or any other liability to you as a user of content from this Site. OIA shall not be liable to you for lost profits or opportunities or any damages arising out of or relating to use of this Site or any information or content provided on this Site, even if OIA has been made aware of the possibility of such damages. The information on this Site is not intended to be specific information to you about legal, business, or other questions, and it does not substitute your independent research or evaluation on an issue. If a specific legal question or other expert advice is desired, those services should be independently sought.
OIA Interactive Content Agreement
The Ohio Insurance Agents Association, Inc. (“OIA”) has developed this Interactive Content Agreement (“Agreement”) for all who visit and interact with this website (“Site”). By using this site you agree to comply with the terms set forth in this agreement. If you do not agree to comply with these terms, then you do not have permission to use this Site. OIA reserves the right to change the terms of this Agreement at any time, without notice, and they become effective upon posting them to this Site. You are encouraged to periodically review this Policy for any updates or changes. This contract is legally binding.
- The views expressed by individuals on this Site are those of the individuals only and does not represent OIA’s views. The links and content of the interactive Site are not routinely moderated or reviewed by OIA.
- Rules pertaining to Posting and Commenting
- You agree to exercise common sense when it comes to posting comments or materials on the Site. You, therefore, agree not to post any inappropriate content on the Site including, but not limited to, content that:
i. Is or promotes unlawful activities
ii. Is libelous
iii. Is defamatory
iv. Is offensive, obscene, vulgar, abusive, or threatening
v. Promotes any form of discrimination
vi. Invades the privacy rights of others
vii. Transmits spam or junk mail
viii. Contains computer viruses or other codes designed to disrupt the functioning of a computer
ix. Discloses information which is confidential
x. Discloses information that is proprietary
xi. Is posted using an alias
- You represent that any content you post is truthful and accurate and is useful to the purpose of the site and to other Users
- You represent that you have the rights necessary to post the content you submit to the site (copyright, trademark, and any other intellectual property licensing necessary)
- You agree not to post any advertisements or solicitation for goods or services because that is contrary to the purpose of this Site.
- OIA reserves the right to use content posted on the site in the form of ideas or suggestions with no obligation to compensation or make attribution to the original individual who provided the suggestions or ideas
- Comments and Replies should not be relied upon as professional advice or opinions. OIA does not endorse any product or service mentioned on the Site unless it is promoted by a member of the OIA staff.
- Site access may be limited depending on your permissions. Therefore, you should not attempt to access areas that you are not authorized to use.
- The Site grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use the Site. You agree not to commercialize the content in any way.
- OIA may monitor the Site and reserves the right to remove or refuse to post content to the Site. OIA also reserves the right to disable user accounts and to terminate an individual’s ability to post content at any time and without notice.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless OIA and its past, present and future officers, directors, agents, executive committee members, and employees (“OIA Indemnitees”) from any and all demands, claims, loss, damage, liability, judgment, costs, and expense (which may include reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) that the OIA Indemnitees may sustain or incur, due either in whole or in part, to your violation or failure to comply with this Agreement. OIA reserves the right to defend any such claim, and you agree to provide reasonable cooperation and information to OIA as they request.
- Severability: If any portion of this agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected and shall be valid and enforceable.
- This Agreement shall be construed under the laws of Ohio only, without regard to conflicts of laws rules.
Any questions related to this Agreement or any aspect of this Site should be submitted in writing via email or mail to OIA@ohioinsuranceagents.com or to OIA’s office at:
Ohio Insurance Agent’s Association, Inc.
Attn: Marketing and Communications
600 Cross Pointe Road
Gahanna, Ohio 43230
Effective Nov. 14, 2017